Job Title: Project Associate
Job Location: Pasadena
Employer Website: www.migcom.com
We are seeking an entry- to mid-level Project Associate to join our multidisciplinary planning and strategic planning team.
You will work closely with a team of planners and designers on projects such as:
- General Plans
- Downtown, corridor, and specific plans
- Zoning and development codes
- Housing policy plans
- Public engagement, including online tools
- Strategic planning
- Park and recreation master plans
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member with a strong work ethic and sense of humor. Some evening and weekend work will be required for community engagement activities and deadline-driven work.
Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to changing situations and deadlines, work well independently, and contribute as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment.
You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in planning or related field, with a Master’s degree preferred. Other qualifications include:
- 1-4 years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design, and community engagement
- Microsoft Office suite, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills are required
- GIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp skills are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic production savvy
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
- A plus: Bilingual ability and/ or fluency in both verbal and written communication (Spanish preferred)
If you meet these requirements and are passionate about creating and improving our communities, please email your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and portfolio to: email@example.com
No phone calls or email inquiries, please. The position is open until filled.
MIG values diversity and fosters an inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment and a creative atmosphere. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Link or email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by date: 03/31/2020