Job Title: Project Manager: Urban Design/Planning
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://migcom.com
MIG, Inc. is a national firm specializing in planning, design, communications, management, science, and technology. We believe that the environment around us has a profound impact on our lives and our shared vision: is of a world where people, communities, and ecosystems thrive. For over 35 years, MIG has engaged the talents and vitality of top professionals who plan, design, and sustain environments that support human development. Our team members are passionate about their work and share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work.
We invite an experienced Urban Design/Planning Project Manager to join our diverse team in San Diego.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Accomplish
- Urban Planning and Design: You will lead project teams. Together, we’ll work as part of a multidisciplinary team to design and plan communities of all size across the U.S., as well as higher education institutions and campuses and development projects for both public and private sector clients.
- Managing Projects: You will provide overarching project direction, lead internal and external teams, manage projects—including scopes of work, budgets, and schedules—to help our clients to create bold, innovative, and equitable urban design solutions.
- Project Work: You will be a working project manager, helping to produce project deliverables with the team and facilitate project meetings. You will work closely with planners, designers, landscape architects and engineers to develop forward-thinking designs, strategies, reports, analyses, mapping, and graphic materials.
- Project Types: Typical projects will include streetscape designs, corridor plans, downtown revitalization plans, specific plans, station area plans, transit-oriented development, and neighborhood plans.
This is a full-time position. MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required for community engagement, site evaluations, or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
Experience and Qualifications for Success – What We’d Like to See
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition:
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in urban design/planning, architecture, landscape architecture, or related field. (A Master’s degree in a complementary field is a plus.)
- You have relevant experience working in planning or a closely related field.
- You are local or willing to relocate to the San Diego area.
- You have experience managing private-sector projects, including maintaining compliance with project contracts, drafting and managing scopes budgets, and maintaining schedules, as well as working with clients and partners to execute project work.
- You speak easily and clearly in front of groups and can facilitate small and large group discussions.
- You have excellent skills in graphics and document presentation and written and verbal communication.
- You are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- You have software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- You can actively participate in marketing and business development opportunities, develop proposals for prospective projects, participate in interviews, and develop and maintain potential client and partner relationships.
- You are a people person, with an ability to develop collaborative, productive, and respectful relationships with community members, organizations, and partners.
- As a plus, you are bilingual with Spanish language skills.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a fit for your skillsets and you are passionate about creating and improving communities, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume, portfolio, and a descriptive cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIG values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HRA with employer contributions, and 401K matching. Our teams enjoy a flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment, and a creative atmosphere. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Candidates may be required to take a skills assessment in conducting presentations and/or budget and scope drafting.
Link or email to apply: https://migcom.com/jobs
Apply by date: 11/30/2020