San Diego – California
Katz & Associates is looking for a new intern to join our team. Katz & Associates is a full-service public affairs firm specializing in issues-based communication programs for public and private sector clients. Since 1986 our skilled professionals have designed and implemented award-winning public outreach programs on a local, regional and national level.
This is a three-month internship requiring 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Assistance at occasional weekend or evening events may be needed.
- Serve as general account support, including community relations, issues management and government relations services
- Assist with special event coordination and staffing
- Assist with client-related research, media coverage tracking and stakeholder database development
- Draft news releases, newsletter articles and other client materials as needed
- Three months related experience preferred; agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred
- Problem solving
- Microsoft Office
- Strong time management
- Familiarity with Associated Press Style and standard rules of grammar
- Familiarity with local political issues and government operations
- Familiarity with local media outlets and contacts
- Client service concepts
If interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to Sarah Rossetto at email@example.com.