Job Title: Public Works Coordinator
Job Location: Rancho Santa Fe
Employer Website: http://www.rsfassociation.org/club/scripts/section/section.asp?NS=CAREER
RANCHO SANTA FE (RSF) ASSOCIATION PUBLIC WORKS COORDINATOR
TITLE: Public Works Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager
A Public Works Coordinator performs planning studies, reviews of development proposals, property research, project management, and special projects in support of the RSF Association’s goals and policies. Emphasis will be on a proactive approach with collaboration and coordination of public works projects including but not limited to RSF Connect, water district, public utilities agency, County agency, and other entities.
The position, with some degree of independence, will process projects or tasks with a varied degree of complexity and may have substantial community interest and involvement. Reports to Assistant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research zoning and other land use information on Covenant properties
- Assist in the design, permitting, construction and management of the RSF Connect fiber project
- Coordinate with water district regarding rate studies, water sources and other projects
- Liaise with public utilities company for possible undergrounding and other projects while staying informed of future projects
- Prepare reports and correspondence with committees, consultants and outside agencies
- Assist RSF Association Committees and management with review of local or regional projects or issues that may impact the Covenant area
- Attend occasional meetings with other jurisdictions or agencies that involve issues that may impact the Covenant area
- Work with the County agency on transportation related issues including roadway maintenance, engineering projects, traffic studies and strategy
- Make presentations to Committees or to the Board of Directors
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of the policies and procedures of the RSF Covenant
- Land use and zoning principles for the County agency
- Basic knowledge of utility planning and infrastructure
- Basic land development practices and permit processes
- Telephone, office and online etiquette
- Strong written and oral presentation techniques
- Analyze and simplify complex technical data
- Read, understand and interpret maps, grading plans and improvement plans
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Make effective public presentations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Association management, staff members and outside agency contacts
- Utilize computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Provide excellent customer service to RSF Association members
- Exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions or providing information to the public
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is undertaken both indoors in an office environment and outdoors conducting field inspections.
- Must be able to work longer than an eight-hour day or a forty-hour week.
- Must be able to respond to after-hours emergencies as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
A valid California Class C driver’s license is required. The California Class C driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment with the RSF Association.
A bachelor’s degree in planning or in a related field and two years of professional experience in land use planning is required. An Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) certification is highly desirable. Professional experience with entitlements or other related fields will also be considered.
Experience with GIS, specifically ArcMap, is desirable.
Link or email to apply: http://www.rsfassociation.org/club/scripts/section/section.asp?NS=CAREER
Apply by date: 05/30/2018