Application deadline extended to January 17, 2014!
The Young Planners Group of the San Diego Section of the American Planning Association (SDAPA) is pleased to launch the 2014 Mentorship Program! If you are looking for a great way to get connected and involved in the realm of planning, this program is for you.
The mission of the Mentorship Program is to foster professional growth and career development in a team setting (3-5 members) through an exchange of knowledge, experience and ideas between experienced planners and young planning professionals.
The mentorship program kicks off with a “call for participants” application process, with the program officially beginning NOW!
- Participants will be placed within a mentor or protégé category based on education and years of industry experience. Please see attached diagram for more details.
- We request that participants commit to the program for a minimum of five months.
- Based on your responses to the mentorship application, Mentors and Protégés will be matched based on preferred location, common interests, and/or career goals.
- A meet-and-greet orientation will be organized for all participants to kick off the Mentorship Program in January 2014.
- Participants have the option of corresponding via phone, email or in person; but we recommend meeting at least once a month for the duration of the Program.
- Enrollment period for all participants: DEADLINE is January 17, 2013
- Meet and Greet Orientation: January 2014 (details TBD)
- Mentorship Program conclusion and final survey: Spring 2014
We look forward to your participation,
YPG Mentorship Programs Chair
YPG Mentorship Programs Co-Chair