San Diego – California
PlaceWorks is seeking a full-time environmental project manager with 10+ years of experience in preparing and processing environmental documents to comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge of CEQA and a proven track record of accomplishment in managing complex projects, including project administration/management, technical writing, research, and public speaking. CEQA/NEPA compliance will encompass a diverse range of private- and public-sector development projects (e.g., commercial centers, mixed-use development, TOD, regional parks), policy planning projects (community plans, specific plans, general plans, etc.), and infrastructure projects (road, flood control, etc.). Position will also require participation in business development and critical and strategic thinking; we are looking for proven accomplishment in proposal writing, client interviews, and securing new work.
Position will be hired at a senior level; salary based on qualifications. Selected person will be an employee of PlaceWorks, located in its San Diego office.
- Project management, including client and team management and coordination, budget and schedule preparation and adherence.
- Prepare CEQA/NEPA documents, including technical writing and analysis, review, and quality control
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior staff
- Support planning team at public outreach events
- Business development, including strategic planning, development of client relationships, and proposal preparation
- Public speaking, meeting and public hearing attendance
- Work creatively and independently as a member of a multi-office team
- 10+ years’ experience preparing and managing CEQA projects
- Strong knowledge of latest changes to CEQA Guidelines and legislation
- Excellent written, analytic, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary project teams
- Energetic, creative, and team oriented
- Commitment to PlaceWorks’ purpose and mission
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Experience in San Diego County
- Experience managing NEPA projects
- Active participation in ULI, APA, and/or AEP