Job Title: Senior Land Use Planner
Job Location: San Diego, Orange, or Los Angeles
Employer Website: https://www.wsp.com/
WSP is currently searching for a Senior Land Use Planner for our Los Angeles, Orange, or San Diego offices. The position will primarily focus on urban planning and land use projects. You will help us tackle challenging and dynamic projects across the spectrum of the planning field from affordable housing policy to general plan updates. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease managing a variety of projects concurrently, supervising junior staff, fostering client relationships, coordinating community engagement, and producing a high-quality work product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple complex, concurrent projects, and lead community engagement efforts in communities across southern California and Nevada.
- Lead or participate in the preparation of comprehensive plans, community plans, corridor plans, general plans, housing policy plans, and land use code/zoning updates.
- Interface with clients, subconsultants, and other professionals as needed during all stages of project development.
- Manage internal project teams including junior staff; encourage the development of staff in line with the firm’s vision, goals, and values.
- Actively participate in a full range of firm marketing and business development activities including development of project scoping and approaches, preparation of proposals, and presentations at client interviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, or related field
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of planning and urban design issues, including site planning and design, neighborhood revitalization, housing development, and transportation/transit-oriented development.
- Skilled at collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and researching and interpreting detailed plans and regulatory documents.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership experience, demonstrating an ability to work collaboratively and manage project resources effectively.
- The ability to clearly and concisely articulate detailed concepts and planning ideas to a broad audience both orally and on the page.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Master’s degree in planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, or related field
- Proficiency in a range of technical analysis and design software, including but not limited to ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D visualization software/SketchUp
- Demonstrated understanding of equity theory and experience working in underserved communities
- Active member of local professional and/or community organizations
Link or email to apply: https://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?reg=US¤t_page=1&site=int&city=&location=&job_type=&emp_status=®ion=&country=&k1=&k2=&k3=&k4=&k5=&k6=&k7=&k8=&salary_min=&co_num=&apply=yes&job_number=47965&pagename=process_jobsearchUS
Apply by date: 04/12/2021