Job Title: Senior LEAD Urban Planner
Job Location: San Diego, Los Angeles, or Orange
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Lead Land/Urban Planner for our Los Angeles office. The following locations will also be considered: San Diego and Orange.
Be a leader in urban planning, neighborhood revitalization, and planning for the sustainable growth of our communities with our Urban Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. The position will primarily focus on urban planning and land use projects. You will help us tackle challenging and dynamic projects across the spectrum of the planning field.
Candidates for this position must have between 10-13 years of experience. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease managing a variety of projects concurrently, supervising staff, building client relationships, leading proposals, coordinating community engagement, producing high-quality work product, and traveling when required.
- Manage multiple complex, concurrent projects, and lead community engagement efforts in communities across southern California and Nevada (must be willing to travel as needed).
- Lead or participate in the preparation of comprehensive plans, community plans, downtown, corridor, and urban design studies, and land use code/zoning updates.
- Interface with clients, subconsultants, and other professionals as needed during all stages of project development.
- Manage internal project teams including junior staff; encourage the development of staff in line with the firm’s vision, goals, and values.
- Actively participate in a full range of firm marketing and business development activities including development of project scoping and approaches, preparation of proposals, and presentations at client interviews.
Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Degree in urban planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, or a related field (or equivalent experience.).
- 10-13 years of experience, demonstrating a progression of project responsibility and management of junior staff.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and urban design issues, including site planning and design, neighborhood revitalization, housing development, and transportation/transit-oriented development.
- Skilled at collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and researching and interpreting detailed plans and regulatory documents.
- Strong interpersonal experience, demonstrating an ability to work collaboratively and manage project resources effectively.
- Project management experience including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Proficiency in a range of technical analysis and design software, including but not limited to ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D visualization software/Sketchup. Hand graphic ability is also desirable.
- Excellent staff management skills.
- The ability to clearly and concisely articulate detailed concepts and planning ideas to a broad audience both orally and on the page.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Essential professional licensure/certification.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: LOS ANGELES – SOUTH FIGUEROA
- All locations: US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-Orange, US-CA-San Diego
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Link or email to apply: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=V8D6AK&cws=37&rid=4842
Apply by date: 05/12/2022