Job Title: Senior or Associate Planner
Job Location: San Diego Area
Employer Website: https://www.sagecrestplanning.com/
Join the Sagecrest Planning+Environmental Team! We are recruiting for experienced planning professionals (Senior, Associate, Assistant, etc.) to work full- or part-time in cities/counties throughout Southern California. Sagecrest offers competitive pay with benefits (full-time). Qualified candidates must have prior municipal experience. Depending upon level, Sagecrest planners will perform a variety of complex professional level duties and responsibilities in support of city/county current and advance planning functions; process complex planning applications in accordance with the Zoning Code; may serve as a project lead on planning projects; and provide information and assistance to applicants, developers, consultants, the general public, and outside agencies and organizations regarding City codes, policies, standards, and processes related to planning related matters.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Operations, services, and activities of a community planning and development department;
- Modern principles, practices, and techniques of current and advance planning;
- Development review procedures and requirements; building codes, general construction techniques, and architectural styles;
- Objectives, principles, procedures, standards, practices, information sources and trends in the fields of current and advanced urban planning;
- Land use, physical design, demographic, environmental, and social/economic concepts as applied to municipal planning;
- Statistical analysis techniques related to municipal planning;
- Application, modification, and interrelationships between ordinances, policies, standards, procedures and practices associated with the planning function;
- Federal, state and local laws and regulations related to planning, zoning, housing, transportation planning, environmental planning, and/or land use control, including Subdivision Map Act, California Environment Quality Act, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Surface Mining and Reclamation Act, and National Environmental Policy Act;
- Terminology, symbols, methods, and techniques used in planning and map drafting;
- Local government organization and the functions and practices of a municipal planning unit;
- Research methods and statistical techniques and applications;
- Principles and practices of customer service;
- Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation;
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and supporting software applications; the use of specialized planning systems and software applications including GIS systems.
Link or email to apply: https://www.sagecrestplanning.com/join-our-team
Apply by date: 07/01/2021