San Luis Obispo – California
The Senior Planner, working under the general supervision of our Planning Manager, is responsible for: preparing specific plans, master plans, design guidelines, zoning ordinances, strategic plans, feasibility studies, site and master planning, general plans, and other policy documents for public and private sector clients. This includes developing urban design and policy recommendations; evaluating applicable codes, polices, law; interacting with agency staff; managing consultants; preparing and making oral presentations to decision makers and clients; and facilitating public outreach/community meetings. This position demands excellent writing and research skills and the ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously. Other duties may include entitlement processing and contract planning for agencies.
The Senior Planner will have project management duties including directing support staff, client management, and schedule and budget management. Travel for business will be required for project work and interoffice coordination. This position is expected to be able to effectively delegate assignments, direct and manage research product development, and ensure a high level of quality control in document and plan preparation.
The ideal candidate is a stellar project manager that:
- Has a passion for preparing high quality work
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Has a strong desire to help build our planning practice throughout Southern California
- Would love to take on professional growth opportunities that RRM has to offer!
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of professional planning experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning, environmental studies, landscape architecture, architecture, or other related field.
- Knowledge of California Planning and Development Law and CEQA.
- Proficiency in the following required: Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites.
- Professional certification or licensing.
- A Master’s degree in areas listed above.
- An understanding of other graphic software programs (e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Experience in both the public sector and a private consulting firm setting.
RRM Design Group was established in 1974. We are a collaborative team comprised of Architects, Planners, Landscape Architects, Civil and Structural Engineers and Surveyors. We have four offices in California: San Luis Obispo, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Barbara and San Leandro. We work in both the Public and Private sector. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including full medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). If you would like to be a part of a collaborative and innovative team that is professional and fun, then RRM is the place for you!