Job Title: Senior Planner
Job Location: San Juan Capistrano
Employer Website: https://www.rrmdesign.com/
The Senior Planner, working under the general supervision of our Planning Manager, is responsible for: preparing planning documents such as specific plans, master plans, design guidelines, zoning ordinances, strategic plans, feasibility studies, site and master planning, general plans, and other policy documents for public and private sector clients. This includes developing urban design and policy recommendations, evaluating applicable codes, polices, law; interacting with agency staff; managing consultants; developing CEQA compliance documentation/strategies; preparing and making oral presentations to decision makers and clients, and facilitating public outreach/community meetings. This position demands excellent writing and research skills and the ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously. Other duties may include entitlement processing and management and contract planning for agencies.
The Planner will have project management duties including directing support staff, client management, and schedule and budget management. Travel for business may be required for project work and interoffice coordination. This position is expected to be able to effectively delegate assignments, direct and manage research of code requirements, laws and ordinances, and official records, and ensure quality control in document and plan preparation.
The ideal candidate is a strong project manager that:
- Has a passion for preparing quality work.
- Thrives on working in a collaborative team environment.
- Successfully develops business including writing proposals and interviewing.
- Has a strong desire to help build our planning practice throughout Southern California.
- Would love to grow their professional career through RRM!
- A minimum of 7 years of planning experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- A bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning, environmental studies, or life, physical, or social sciences, or other related field.
- Knowledge of California planning and development law and CEQA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional certification or licensing.
- A master’s degree in the areas listed above.
- An understanding of Adobe Suite applications and other graphic software programs (e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Experience in both the public sector and a private consulting firm setting.
Link or email to apply: www.rrmdesign.com/careers
Apply by date: 04/01/2018