Job Title: Senior Planner
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.wsp.com/
Minimum Experience: 7-10
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Be involved in urban planning, neighborhood revitalization, and planning for the sustainable growth of our communities with our Planning and Environmental Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities, expand skylines, and improve mobility for residents. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach – and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently searching for a Lead Planner for our San Diego, California office. The position will primarily focus on urban planning and land use projects. You will help us tackle challenging and dynamic projects across the spectrum of the planning filed from neighborhood revitalization to land use planning to zoning/development regulations.
Talent is the essence of meeting our clients’ objectives, goals, and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we would love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Manage multiple complex, concurrent projects, and lead community engagement efforts in communities across southern California and Nevada (must be willing to travel as needed).
- Lead or participate in the preparation of comprehensive plans, community plans, downtown, corridor, and urban design studies, and land use code/zoning updates.
- Interface with clients, subconsultants, and other professionals as needed during all stages of project development.
- Manage internal project teams including junior staff; encourage the development of staff in line with the firm’s vision, goals, and values.
- Actively participate in a full range of firm marketing and business development activities including development of project scoping and approaches, preparation of proposals, and presentations at client interviews.
- Bachelor Degree in planning, urban design, architecture, or landscape architecture.
- 7-10 years of experience, demonstrating a progression of project responsibility and management of junior staff.
- Advanced knowledge of planning and urban design issues, including site planning and design, neighborhood revitalization, housing development, and transportation/transit-oriented development.
- Skilled at collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and researching and interpreting detailed plans and regulatory documents.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership experience, demonstrating an ability to work collaboratively and manage project resources effectively.
- Proficiency in a range of technical analysis and design software, including but not limited to ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D visualization software/Sketchup. Hand graphic ability is also desirable.
- Excellent diagrammatic and graphic visualization skills, including renderings, plans, and document layout.
- The ability to clearly and concisely articulate detailed concepts and planning ideas to a broad audience both orally and on the page.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Link or email to apply: http://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=45031
Apply by date: 03/31/2020