Carlsbad – California
The Lightfoot Planning Group, a longstanding Land Use Planning and Landscape Architecture firm in North County San Diego is seeking a motivated, well organized, self-starter with 5-8 years of experience to join our Planning Division. Ideal candidate will have professional public and private sector experience in the areas of land use and zoning, land planning and site design, public engagement, research and site analysis, planning graphics, and project entitlement process. This position is suitable for a highly motivated and responsible planner with strong analytical and communication skills, both written and oral. Candidates should be able to manage multiple projects while meeting high quality standards, work independently, and be effective within a larger team discipline to accomplish project goals.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban/Regional Planning, Environmental Planning, Geography, Public Administration or closely related field;
- Knowledge of planning principles and practices, including sustainable development;
- Comprehension of community design aspects including land use/zoning, infrastructure and natural systems;
- Experience in managing complex planning projects and entitlement processes;
- Knowledge of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA);
- Understanding of California planning laws and processes, including General Plan requirements and guidelines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals;
- Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office applications and graphics software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat) to create required project documents and graphics;
- Well organized, detail oriented, and committed to achieving results.
- A Master’s Degree in related field;
- Member of American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP);
- Recent California experience, preferably in San Diego County;
- Experience with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and other graphics applications.
Applicant’s duties would include but not be limited to:
- Project management of planning and land development proposals, related project research and analysis;
- Manage multiple high priority assignments;
- Reading comprehension to understand technical and legal matters;
- Budget and time management;
- Prepare and present reports to local government bodies and private companies;
- Assign work to professional staff and assure appropriate training is provided;
- Attend evening and weekend meetings.
Project Management experience should include complex projects such as a Comprehensive General Plan or Zoning Ordinance (or related amendments), Specific Plan or major land development projects. Management of design and entitlement teams, including engineers, environmental professionals, architects, and coordination with clients through project design and entitlement process is preferred. Project strategy development and implementation experience a plus.
Applicants should email resumes with salary requirements to the following firstname.lastname@example.org