Job Title: Senior Project Manager/Landscape Architect (7-10 Yrs)
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: http://www.ktua.com
KTUA is in search of two inspired, creative, and motivated individuals with a passion for community based design and healthy placemaking. Both positions require effective project management, management of multi-disciplinary design teams and in-house support staff, client communication skills, public speaking and community outreach, and business development, project pursuits, and presentations for projects and interviews. Projects are typically located throughout Southern and Central California.
The first ideal candidate is a licensed landscape architect with a minimum of 7+ years of experience including creative conceptual design thinking and problem solving, whole project management, and exceptional graphic and communication skills. Candidates must have a diverse portfolio of work in a variety of market areas including civic, commercial, education, parks, and hospitality design. Additional responsibilities include conceptual design development, construction document and technical specifications preparation.
The second ideal candidate is a certified planner or licensed landscape architect with a minimum of 7+ years of experience in parks and recreation planning and design. Project experience with city-wide master plans, individual master plans, and/or conceptual site plans required. Additional experience in land use, active transportation, transit planning, complete streets, or community planning is a plus. Additional responsibilities include project visioning, community engagement, and development of planning studies, master plans and concept plans.
KTUA is an award winning firm with a diverse team who likes to work hard and play hard. We have a passion for design encouraged by observing the world and sharing our travels, hosting field trips to our sites, and charretting in our office as a team. The diversity of project types and the variety of scales of our projects keep us engaged. We are constantly evolving by learning new techniques and processes. You might catch us on Halloween getting competitive in our pumpkin carving contest, or eating carne asada tacos during our parking lot summer BBQs, or in search of the most obnoxious present for our annual white elephant gift exchange during the holidays. We are a group who focuses on client satisfaction. We are designing places to play, celebrate, learn, gather, and relax. If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to talk with you about your experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in planning, landscape architecture, architecture, or urban planning/design.
- Seven or more years of experience in private consulting or public agencies.
- PLA or AICP required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills required.
- Strong report writing, research, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work on and/or manage multiple concurrent projects and coordinate multiple staff.
- Motivated self-starter able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required and Microstation is a plus.
- Experience with ArcGIS, SketchUP or other 3D modeling, and visual simulations are a plus.
- Favorable background check and ability to travel.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA (Citizenship or current VISA/Green Card).
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Negotiable based on experience. Anticipated range $65-80,000.
KTUA is a well-established planning and landscape architecture firm with a diverse project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment in our San Diego, California office.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 125 Cafeteria Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Stock Options and Profit-sharing Plan
- Bike and Transit Commuting Benefits
- Vibrant urban neighborhood, 10-minute walk to Balboa Park
- Hybrid work schedule
Position available immediately and will remain open until filled. Email a cover letter, resume, and writing/graphic samples or a link to an online portfolio to email@example.com, no phone calls please.
Link or email to apply: http://www.ktua.com/career/
Apply by date: 04/15/2022