San Diego – California
MIG is seeking a multi-talented mid-level urban designer and planner in our San Diego, CA office. The selected candidate will work with a team of urban designers, landscape architects and planners to design streetscapes and other livable environments for both public and private sector clients. The candidate should be able to critically think of ways to create transformative spaces, as well as write design guidelines for streets and adjoining built form.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban design, landscape architecture or architecture, and six or more years of experience in the discipline. The candidate must have strong graphic skills, work as an enthusiastic team member, and have the ability to speak in front of groups. The candidate must also have an interest in a range of projects, such as streets and corridors, form based codes, downtown plans, and transit-oriented development. Desired computer skills include AutoCAD, SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Word, Excel, GIS, and PowerPoint. Writing skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
- Working with the team in designing and implementing public involvement and outreach strategies consistent with the MIG approach.
- Conducting planning research and assist team with analyses.
- Preparing support materials for meetings.
Attending community meetings.
- Providing support in marketing and business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban design, landscape architecture or architecture.
- Six or more years related work experience.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience with public and private sector organizations.
- Strong graphic skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to speak in front of groups.
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively and produce high quality work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Writing skills a plus.
- Bilingual a plus.
Salary range will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefits program and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume with references and a descriptive cover letter to:
Please note for which office you are applying, or if location is flexible.