Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.recon-us.com
Senior Project Manager Req. 20-06
RECON Environmental, Inc. (RECON) is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Project Manager. This position is to serve as a key member of our Environmental Division in San Diego, California, with a focus on project financial performance, project delivery, technical proposal preparation, client relations and business development. Management and preparation of documentation that is compliant with both the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for a variety of project scopes and clients. Specific tasks would include preparing and adhering to scopes, schedules, budgets, completing or overseeing all components of environmental documentation, and managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of small and medium-to-large sized projects for government agencies and private developers, encompassing development of proposals, including development of scope of work/technical approach, budget, and schedule
- Liaison with clients, agencies, and consultant team members, including sub-consultants
- Mentoring junior staff
- The ability to work effectively and independently in a CEQA/NEPA senior project manager role
- Solid understanding of NEPA and/or CEQA requirements and processes
- Attention and commitment to timely completion of high-quality work
- Strong financial acumen and ability to develop and execute preventative and corrective actions in a collaborative manner with other Project Managers
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/BA in environmental studies, planning, natural resources, or related field (MA in related field may substitute for some experience)
- 10+ years increasingly responsible experience as an Environmental Planner
- Demonstrated experience with CEQA/NEPA
- Air quality and greenhouse gas technical experience desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Experience with marketing, proposals, and business development
- Pay commensurate with experience
RECON Environmental was established in 1972 with the enactment of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and in 1977 became a California corporation. Our company represents one of the longest-established environmental consulting firms in the Southwest. We have provided nearly five decades of continuous service to our valued clients in the public and private sectors.
Since our founding in San Diego, California, we have established additional locations in Northern California and Tucson, AZ. In 2010 we became a 100% employee-owned corporation.
RECON Environmental Inc. is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Vets.
Apply by date: 09/30/2020