Job Title: Staff Land Planner Position/Office Manager
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://atlantissd.com/
Atlantis Group – Staff Land Planner Position/Office Manager
Atlantis Group Land Use Consultants is a multi-discipline urban planning/policy and entitlement firm.
Our firm is a local leader in urban and community revitalization specializing in infill and redevelopment planning. Atlantis Group projects are diverse ranging from major urban centers to smaller infill projects located throughout San Diego County. Market sectors include suburban development, mixed-use & urban infill development, revitalization projects and public spaces.
We are seeking candidates with one to two years of permit planning and community planning experience, preferably in urban environments, and large-scale or complex infill projects. Strong research and zoning code interpretation experience is preferred. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to have supplemental experience and/or education in the fields of landscape architecture, architecture, urban planning, or real estate development.
• San Diego, CA
• Research zoning issues and conducts special research projects as assigned;
• Assist with managing projects and clients;
• Work with project managers/principal/CEO to support and contribute to project analysis efforts;
• Serve as a technical resource to support projects and manage tasks and projects;
• Assist in the development of presentations, technical documents, and reports;
• Facilitate public workshops and meetings (set-up, coordination efforts, and prepare summary documents);
• Must be able to review and analyze building plans and grading plans; coordinate and check for compliance with local zoning regulations, agreements, and project specific conditions;
• Communicate with the client and government staff to provide information regarding planning, zoning, and development issues through senior staff of the firm; prepare application forms; attend various planning board and community meetings to monitor projects and policies and report out to senior staff; and
• Support team through performing administrative and scheduling tasks related to office operations.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) with a degree (preferred) in City and Regional Planning Landscape Architecture; Real Estate Development, or other related field.
• Experience with neighborhood planning and civic engagement.
• Ability to read plans including grading plans.
• 1 to 2 years experience facilitating/managing projects and experience researching and interpreting development code requirements (preferred but not required).
• Experience working with private clients, community groups, government entities, and non-profit clients (preferred but not required).
• Good verbal and written communication skills (telephone and e-mail interactions are a key skill set).
• Experience preparing and assembling presentation graphics, and report/plan document preparation and assembly.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Google Earth Pro, Adobe Creative Suites, and MS Office. (It is desirable that applicants have a high proficiency in all or most software packages listed.)
• Strong computer skills to resolve basic office IT issues.
• (Desirable but not required) Portfolio samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength of understanding in graphic and written presentation as well as software proficiencies.
• Sitting for extended length of time
• Fluency in public speaking in the English language
• Fieldwork/ability to travel
• Valid driver’s license
• Typing and handwriting
• Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
For this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, portfolio (if available) and samples of graphic and written work to: Info@AtlantisSD.com
If academic work is submitted it should be solely of the applicant; no academic group work or projects should be included.
Phone inquiries are not accepted.
Entry to Mid-Level (1 – 2 years)
Commensurate with Experience
Based on a 40-hour work week
Link or email to apply: https://atlantissd.com/
Apply by date: 07/30/2021