Carlsbad – California
RBF Consulting, a company of Michael Baker International, seeks a Transportation Manager to help lead and grow our Transportation Practice in San Diego County. The position is based in our Carlsbad, CA office. Transportation Manager will have the opportunity to work on existing projects while helping RBF/Baker win future work in southern California. The successful candidate will help lead and support marketing efforts for state and municipal transportation planning and design projects including preparation of proposals, leading interview teams, identification of future work, market research, marketing event attendance and participation in professional organizations. The successful candidate will also lead and manage projects for both planning and design, and mentor professional technical staff in the San Diego and Carlsbad offices.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 15+ years of Transportation
- Traffic Engineering experience, including experience in active/multi modal/mobility transportation planning
- 5+ years of project management experience
- PE license in California
- TE license in California
- PTOE certification desired
- Listed on the County of San Diego CEQA Consultants List for Transportation and Traffic (or the ability to apply and be approved for it within 6 months of hire)
- Able to complete traffic impact and traffic studies
- Experience in Active Transportation Planning and Design projects
- Excellent communication skills
- The desire to become a leader in the Company and San Diego County professional community
- Knowledge and relationships with local and regional transportation agencies including municipalities, Caltrans District 11 and SANDAG
- Demonstrated success in the management and delivery of projects and programs
- Experience in the preparation of business and strategic plans
- Community and professional leadership
Baker, founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for its clients worldwide. With nearly 3,000 employees in over 100 U.S. offices, Engineering News-Record consistently ranks Baker in the top 8 percent of the 500 largest U.S. engineering design firms and in the top 25 of numerous individual markets. The firm’s primary business areas are architecture, aviation, defense, environmental, geospatial, homeland security, municipal & civil, oil & gas, rail & transit, telecommunications & utilities, transportation, urban development and water. Baker’s headquarters is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. Baker recently became part of Michael Baker International, LLC, a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility.
Baker offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakercorp.com.
Baker is an EEO/AAP (M/F/V/H) e-Verify Employer
To apply for this position, please log on to www.mbakercorp.com/careers select “Job Search” and reference IRC47880 in “Keywords.”
(Note: if you are unable to apply on line, please contact the Systems Administrator at BAKERHRMS@mbakercorp.com )