Carlsbad – CA
RBF Consulting, a Company of Michael Baker International, seeks a Transportation Planning Manager (Technical Manager II) to help lead and grow our Transportation Planning Practice and be based in our Carlsbad, CA office.
The Transportation Planning Manager will have the opportunity to work on existing projects while helping RBF win future work in Southern California. The successful candidate will manage projects and lead business development efforts for transportation planning, active/mobility planning, and traffic engineering. Business development activities include preparation of proposals, identification of future work opportunities, market research and other marketing activities and participation in professional organizations. The successful candidate will also lead and mentor professional technical staff in the San Diego and Carlsbad offices.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- 15+ years of Transportation/Traffic Engineering experience, including experience in active/multi modal/mobility transportation planning
- 5+ years of project management experience
- PE license in California
- TE license in California
- PTOE certification desired
- Listed on the County of San Diego’s CEQA Consultants List for Transportation and Traffic (or the ability to apply and be approved for it within 6 months of hire)
- Excellent communication skills
- The drive to become a leader in the Company and San Diego County professional community
- Knowledge / relationships with local and regional transportation agencies including municipalities, Caltrans District 11 and SANDAG
- Demonstrated success in the management and delivery of projects and programs
- Experience in the preparation of business / strategic plans
- Community and professional leadership