Job Title: Urban Planner
Job Location: San Diego
Employer Website: https://www.aecom.com/
Urban Planner, San Diego, California
United States of America – California, San Diego
In collaboration with studio leadership, the Urban Planner will work closely with planning teams to support projects within the West Region. The Urban Planner work includes a broad range of urban-based, multidisciplinary projects, including Specific Plans, General and Community Plans, masterplans, waterfronts, and public realm design.
The candidate must have a strong interest in developing high quality and innovative regulatory and policy planning documents, with experience working in California; excellent verbal, and written communication skills; and a strong interest in working in a fast-paced and collaborative multidisciplinary team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares materilas in support of zoning updates, general plans, master plans, specific plans, community plans, and other regulatory and policy planning projects.
- Assists in developing high quality, user friendly Zoning documents, exhibit boards, reports, and planning deliverables in Microsoft Word and InDesign
- Performs research on zoning, legislation, and policy
- Works efficiently on 2 to 5 projects at a time under the supervision of a project manager or principal; and is able to prioritize multiple tasks needed to meet deadlines
- Assists project manager and other team leads on all project tasks ensuring deadlines are met, including project research, GIS analysis, mapping, and coordination, policy and zoning analysis, interdisciplinary coordination, meeting coordination, scheduling, public outreach, noticing, and the detailed preparation of progress drafts, interim and final deliverables
- Provides additional support as needed to the larger planning, design, economics, and outreach team, to ensure smooth execution of projects and continuity of excellent client relationships
- Interprets and applies applicable government codes, ordinances and regulations
- Acts as a liaison between community groups, government agencies, developers and elected officials in developing neighborhood plans
- Conducts review of various development applications, including plats, permits, site plans, variance requests and rezonings
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports, working papers and correspondence.
- Identifies community problems, issues and opportunities in particular neighborhoods that could be mitigated through better community planning
- Develops strategies to promote economic and community development, or efficient land use consistent with community goals
- Evaluates adequacy of community facilities in meeting current and projected needs
Link or email to apply: https://aecom.jobs/san-diego-ca/urban-planner/1153144E94FF44C4BBBE8ADAA2AB6064/job/
Apply by date: 08/30/2019